Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Burn baby, burn!

Ok, I’ve been lazy in updating my blog yet again, but there’s nothing exciting I’ve done lately.

On Monday I did my usual gym session, but I’ve finally increased the weights a bit (10%-25% depending on the exercise and the availability of weights) and reduced the reps to 10/set while keeping 4 sets for each exercise.

Yesterday then I did some work on my hip muscles before stepping onto the cross trainer, which I haven’t done for a while, despite the cross trainer being one of my favourite machines in the gym. My ankle was a bit sore, so I didn’t want to go for a run. Anyway, I set the cross trainer to “random” and by god did it give me a challenge. Most of the 45 minutes I was on there it was in the top quarter of the possible resistance setting, it’s enough to say I was sweating like I haven’t been for ages. However my heart rate was never really that high, the max was about 150bpm the average I would say at about 140bpm. This suited me well, because the aim of the day was burning fat. And let me tell you, there’s much more of that to burn than I’d like. I’m going on a holiday to Las Vegas in June and by then I want to be in top form. This means that I’ll be training like a crazy person for the next 3 months or so; I just need to be careful not to injure myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment