Thursday, March 12, 2009

Same old, same old…

I’ve been a bit negligent in maintaining my blog/training log in the past few days. There’s no real reason for that, other than being lazy, really. But in fairness, there’s not much to report.

Tuesday evening I went for a short run (4km) and managed to knock about 1”30’ off the last time I did that run. However, it is still far from what I used to run “back in the days” when I ran 10km at a pace 15”/km faster than what I’m doing now, that was after about 6 months of dedicated training though.
I’m just glad I did go out for a run after what must have been about a month, where all I did for cardio training was cycling. I recon once I’ve completed the 60km bike ride on the 22nd March (i.e. a week from Sunday), I’ll go back to running/jogging.

Yesterday I did my routine (I guess I can call it that now) at the gym. I must admit I do notice some improvement, as it seems to get easier as I go along. I’m now contemplating to increase the weights for some of the exercises. I can give that a go on the weekend.
I’ve also been good regarding my stretching. I’m now working on my flexibility for about 20 minutes every time I go to the gym, which is really quite a lot considering that prior to starting TKD I never used to stretch at all. Even when I first started TKD, the only stretching I did was during training sessions. How stupid that was! I really feel like I’m making good progress. Not that I would call myself flexible, but I’m definitely more flexible than I was a few months ago. So hopefully if I keep it up, I’ll some day be flexible enough to actually look like I know what I’m doing during our warm-up.

One final thing, my balance board arrived yesterday (I ordered it last week), however I wasn’t at home, so I need to pick it up today. Now I can start getting serious about working on my balance as well. I just need to work it into my routine and I’ll be all set up for becoming the next best thing in TKD (hahaha, just kidding); I’m training for strength/power (gym), flexibility (gym), endurance (cycling/running), balance (balance board) and of course technique (regular training sessions, next one tonight! Yeah baby! I’ve really been missing it over the past couple of weeks).

No comments:

Post a Comment